The trials of Wyoming weather are familiar to all of us. Your home and property can really take a beating from Mother Nature, and it can cost you time and money to repair any vital parts of your home that have been damaged.
Hail is one of the most destructive forces that nature can throw at you, and it can wreak particularly strong havoc on your roof. Knowing how to identify and deal with hail damage quickly and safely can help you save money and maintain your roof’s integrity for years to come even if it sustains damage. Hiring a roofing contractor in Wyoming is your best bet for repairing hail damage, but it’s important to understand what you might be dealing with before you get the process underway:
- Check the inside of your home: This might seem counterintuitive, but your detective work can usually start with looking at the inside of your home after a hailstorm. You might notice things like water stains or slow drips on your ceiling, which could mean that the hail has compromised your roof’s ability to keep water out. Don’t delay in addressing this—call a roofing professional immediately.
- Inspect the exterior and roofing: This may depend on how safe you feel on a ladder, so proceed with the utmost caution. You can check the exterior parts of your property that are accessible from the ground—your patio, deck and driveway can all show impact marks that mean damage was likely done to the roof as well. Look for dents in the gutters and downspouts too—this means the hail was heavy enough and coming down fast enough to damage your home and possibly your roof.
- Call your insurance company: Make sure you get your insurance company involved if you believe hail damage may be present on your roof. Shingle roofing services to address hail damage in Wyoming can often be paid for by insurance, depending on your policy, so contacting your insurance company should be a top priority to save you some money.
- Ensure the roofer and insurance company will communicate: Some insurance companies want to be in touch with a roofing contractor in Wyoming to verify questions related to damage and cost. It’s important to be transparent in these dealings, and Drury Brothers Roofing Wyoming has the expertise and experience to effectively work with our customers’ insurance companies. We can save you money, time and headaches thanks to our skills in this area.
- Get a storm report: The National Weather Service provides reports on storms, and this data can be invaluable. It can help inform your insurance company and your roofing contractor in Wyoming of what exactly your home experienced, and how it might have affected the integrity of your roof.
Weather is just a part of life, but it doesn’t have to ruin things if it turns against you. Knowing how to assess hail damage and how to work with the right people to fix it can go a long way toward making homeownership a joy rather than a burden. Drury Brothers Roofing Wyoming has been the area’s preferred roofing partner for over 40 years, and we’d love to make you our next customer. Reach out today to learn more.