It’s understandable for homeowners to want to delay getting a new roof for as long as possible. It’s a significant financial investment that will, in most cases, require a fairly sizable loan. However, it’s also a project that can add a lot of value to a home, and protect your home for decades.
So how do you know when the time has finally come for you to invest in shingle roofing services in Wyoming? Here are some of the most common signs indicating you are past the point of repairs being a sufficient solution:
- Bald spots: If there are numerous areas with bald spots where you can see missing granules, this is probably a sign that the shingles are wearing down and it’s time for you to start thinking about replacing the roof.
- Age: If the roof is 20 years old or more, it’s probably time for you to start thinking about a replacement, especially if you’re dealing with some of the issues on this list. There are some new types of roofing solutions that will give you an even longer lifespan, but as of right now, if you know your roof is a couple decades old, that means you’re close to needing to replace it.
- Shingle granules in the gutters: If you notice shingle granules in the gutters as you’re cleaning them out, this is a sign that your shingles are wearing down and getting close to the point of needing to be replaced.
- Streaks or moss: If you have moss growing on any areas of your roof, or dark streaks on the roof that could be indicative of mold growth, this is a sign that it may be time for you to replace your roof.
- Curling or buckling shingles: If you can look up from the ground and see shingles beginning to curl or buckle, this is a sign that they are getting close to the end of their useful life, and you should begin thinking about a roof replacement.
- Leaks: Leaks and water damage are two of the biggest signs that it’s time for you to replace your roof. A single leaky spot in your home might be able to be patched up, but when you have multiple leaks happening in different spots on your roof, it’s no longer worthwhile to settle for a patch job.
- Cracked or missing shingles: If you have shingles that are cracking and breaking off, or spots where shingles are missing altogether, it’s probably getting to be time for you to replace the roof.
- Storm damage: If you’ve had recent heavy storms pass through your area and cause some significant damage to your roof, you might be better off replacing the roof than repairing it, depending on the extent of the damage.
For more information about our shingle roofing services in Wyoming and the steps you should take to fix your roof when you notice damage, contact Drury Brothers Roofing Wyoming today. We’d be glad to answer your questions and tell you more about what we can do for you.